So You Want To Learn To Trade?

Sponsored

No doubt you've heard stories about how some people make a fortune literally over night and have caught the bug myself trading. You are armed with as much information and charts as you can stand on your head is swimming from overloading ... but still missing one more thing.


Vince Lombardi, the famous football coach, summed it up best when he said that the winners not only have the desire to win, the winners are willing to do what you will to win. Did you catch the difference? Many people have a desire to make money trading futures. Sometimes this desire is so deep that they can almost taste ... but few are willing to do what it takes to become a successful trader.


This factor alone can be the difference between winning traders and those who join the vast majority of traders lose. I had an interesting telephone conversation with a wannabe trader the other day. This fellow was quite sincere about his desire to learn a trade. He told me all about his life and his work and how OLE pay check was getting stretched thinner and thinner each year. He was very eager to find another, better way to earn some money and thought that learning how to trade may be the answer.


While he was never traded before this man told me that he was following the commodity markets at a distance for several years and reading many books on this subject. Sometimes he even pick up a trade magazine in the hope of finding that one missing ingredient that will help him change his trading dreams into reality.


With the desire to help him become a "merchant of his dreams, " I assured him that I will do everything I could to help him on the road. I told him that he should study and learn manual trading on the spot the important support and resistance areas. I told him to follow along in the ezine and nightly updates to be able to see how Tom and I structure trades based on material we teach. I told him that he could write or call me with any trade issues could have, and I'd be happy to help in any way I could.


Most importantly, I told him he should start work trading as much as possible to get a feel for the market and to get some practice trading. You know what he said? He said: "I can not do without paper trading?" I was floored. According to this person, securities trading was too boring, so he did not want to do. He asked me whether there is another way. I told him that he could bypass the paper trading and start trading with a small account, maybe $ 5000 to $ 10,000, but be prepared for a very quick and very expensive lesson in trading commodities.


This person had loads of desire. He could see already see myself enjoying a life of their dreams - driving a nice car, living in a nice house, buying all those things he always wanted but could not afford it - this man had the desire, but he did not want to do what is need to make your dreams come true. Welcome to the 90% club.


# Money loves action.


# Money likes people who make things.


# Money loves speed.


# Money likes people who are willing to take risks.


# money does not like procrastination.


# as the money does not "want", or hope.


# money does not like indecisiveness.


# like money decisions (Henry Ford was notoriously stubborn, but incredibly decisions - right or wrong ).


What about you? Will you still just a desire to succeed, or are you willing to do what will work? It is not as difficult as you might think you know.

Sponsored
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.Privacy Policy
artist photos